Wednesday 18 September 2013

A little bit of France in Riyadh....

So excited to take a trip downtown for lunch at The Noodle House ( FAB, FAB, FAB) in Centria Mall, Riyadh to discover my own little bit of France amongst the land of camels, sand, heat and black abayas.....



For those of you who have been asleep for the past few years Laduree make MACAROONS and they are Gluten Free which is always a huge bonus for me! They have beautiful tea salons all over London, Paris and the rest of the world - now this includes Riyadh!


The windows are gorgeous and just like the shops in London and Paris - all pastel colours with lots of ribbons...








Even the gifts looked beautiful and so perfectly packaged - I could have bought everything!





For me choosing the box to take my macaroons ( GLUTEN FREE!!!) away in is almost as hard as deciding on the flavours!!









They have outside terrace seating in the Mall - so fully air conditioned but still seems a little like eating in a shopping centre to me BUT inside is divine - all velvet banquettes and pretty little tables with delightful frescoes on the walls - very 'salon' !


This little room only has 1 table and is very private - perfect for afternoon tea for two and a gossip!


It is a little more expensive ( 67 SAR for 4 pieces including the box!) than London but just so lovely - I plan to keep returning until I have the full collection of boxes!



So in the end I chose 4 flavours and I have to say my fave two are still the raspberry and the salted caramel - needless to say DH only ate O N E !!


I couldn't resist this box with the flouro pink and clashing bright green and orange - DIVINE

I can't wait for my next visit!!

Laduree Tea Salon and shop, 2nd Floor, Centria Mall, 
(Corner of Tahlia Street and Olaya Street) RIYADH

No comments:

Post a Comment