Friday 26 April 2013

Seriously, what has happened to the weather!

Ok so I was warned that I may need a cardie for December and January in Riyadh as it can get a little chilly and always good to have for the air con inside... So we are now in the middle of April ( actually almost end of April!) and today it is FREEZING - obviously not literally but it feels like it! The temperature has not risen above 61 degrees all day - it has poured with rain on and off all day - it is just like a British Summer ( without the strawberries & cream and Wimbeldon!)

I'm wearing a jumper, JBrand jeans and SHOES! I haven't worn shoes for months - only sandals and flip flops! I do, however, LOVE these silver glitter slippers (Zara sale at Christmas time - £9.99!) that I haven't had a chance to wear until now so there is always an upside!!



                                               (Jumper from All Saints , Jeans JBrand )




I jumped on my bike this morning to meet a friend for a coffee at our local Costa (on the compound obviously as I wouldn't be able to ride a bike downtown) was so chilled actually had a hot chocolate!  Anyway it was pouring with rain when I went to leave so I need to go back later and pick up my bike as I was kindly given a lift back to my villa!!

When it rains here it really rains and there is very little drainage for the water so they always have major accidents and dramas on the underpasses on the major roads as they fill up with water and there is NOWHERE for it to go ..... and apparently we have rain on and off for the next few days! Watch out on those roads people (well men actually as we ladies can't drive here!) of Riyadh!

(Photo courtesy of Arab News 2010)


Whilst looking for some other footage of the weather here I came across this you tube video ( also from the rains in 2010) - this is where I do most of my grocery shopping ( Granada Mall) and the rains came in about 45 mins!




No comments:

Post a Comment