Saturday 8 June 2013

How I improvised with McQueen!

Another day in Riyadh - I'm late for a meeting over in the Diplomatic Quarter ( The DQ) - its about 45 mins from where i live... I rush out of the house clutching my handbag, breakfast and abaya.... 20 minutes later I realised I had no headscarf...

Luckily i was wearing my gorgeous Alexander McQueen Black/white Skulls scarf .... in Saudi every female must wear an abaya outside their house or compound and have a headscarf - a lot of Western Ladies choose not to wear the headscarf on their heads but just around their neck and mostly this is quite acceptable

So I had my meeting in the DQ ( no abayas have to be worn here!) and then jumped back in the car to head to one of the shopping Malls to return some items purchased 2 days before ( No changing rooms in Saudi in most stores so you can't try anything on and have 3 days to return for a full refund...).

I started off with the scarf around my neck

and ended up wearing it over my head - how versatile is McQueen!!



Available in loads of colour ways - I'm loving the pink from Matches Perfect for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment