Friday 7 June 2013

SAND

I love the beach and could happily spend everyday there for ever - I don't mind the sand at all BUT the sand in the desert is so not nice

For the past week the weather has been totally pants - every day the sky is sand colour, no sun and baking hot - then the wind picks up and the sand is everywhere...








All of this sand on the verandah was in a 12 hour period - the workers here are given those funny little masks to wear  - it gets right into your lungs YUCK i never though I would say this but I HATE (desert) SAND!


This is the view across the desert from our roof - usual you can see sand and desert for miles but yesterday evening it was just misty with sand.

Before I arrive out here a friend told me not to expect to get a suntan living in Riyadh - I thought he was bonkers but didn't question him as he'd lived out here for years - he warned me that most days in the Summertime were sandy ...silly me didn't believe him - but he is right. On sandy days ( of which there have been many recently) we don't see the sun at all !

I am so looking forward to returning to Europe for the Summer in 2 weeks to see greenery, blue skies, wind swept beaches and probably some rain!!

Here are some memories of last summer in England...

Beautiful Lavender in our garden attracting all the bees!

A lovely Summer's day - see how green!


I can't wait to come home!!


Just in case I was being a little unfair on Riyadh - winter skies here are fabulous!!!

Kingdom Tower in the Sunshine ( without sand or filter!)



No comments:

Post a Comment