Wednesday 6 February 2013

You've got to love birthdays...

So a bit of a change for me this year - no children on my birthday wanting to open my cards/presents and no planning of daughter's birthday party/making her a cake/buying her presents etc for the following day!

DH bought me a cup of tea tea and a slice of Vijay's Birthday Banana cake in bed before he left for work which was a lovely start to the day!

Lovely friend, J,  collected me at 1030 and we headed downtown to new fave place Cafe Bateel for brunch, mint tea and lots of gossipping - infact we didn't leave until 230pm BUT not before I had tasted more of their delicious chocolates, dates and chocolate covered dates!!


The best thing is they let you TRY the chocolates - today we tried at least 4 each and didn't actually buy any chocolates ( just the usual kilo of dates!)




Who knew you could get these in Riyadh? Apparently there is a Laduree in one of the Malls - I'm saving that adventure for another day!!


Everything is beautifully packaged...


These don't look hugely appetising but are very tasty though my favourite is still the stuffed dates!


In the sunshine waiting for our driver with my purchases




Hungry?


This is Kingdom Tower which we were passing on the way home and it looked so beautiful in the sunshine surrounded by blue skies - The peeler bit at the top is the observation area surrounded by glass which you get to via a lift ( 99 floors but well worth the trip!) Not a bad photo considering it was taken on my Blackberry!

Happy Days!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post and thanks for sharing this helpful article
    The quality and price of chocolate are highly based on the processing. With the processing, chocolate starts losing its antioxidants and flavoring components. As more it is processed, the elimination of these components becomes higher. If you are finding a bar of flavorful chocolate in Riyadh, then you should try to check out its ingredients.

    ReplyDelete