Sunday 19 May 2013

Long Dress required....

Too many parties and not enough dresses! It's ok for the guys they wear the same Dinner Jacket / Black tie/Mess kit to all the events - the only change is their boxers! Ladies on the other hand need a dress - often Long, sometimes not....

So we have 3 evenings in the same week - I couldn't wear the same dress to all three as the ex-pat community here would notice!!! So when in London I thought I would see if I could fins a suitable dress for one of the events as I have a few long evening dresses in the wardrobe.....

So we have a Ball and 2 formal dinners ( long required for all events!) all in one week....

1st stop was Annas Boutique in Burnham Market . I LOVE this shop - always changing their stock, really cool labels ( including many faves ..Acne, JBrand, Selected Femme, Chinti & Parker plus their own label for Cashmere, Beach dresses and more!) and a great sale room upstairs.

Daughter saw a lovely washed silk grey/blue dress hanging in the window upstairs - ACNE and the right size ....PERFECT fit - she summoned DH to come and see ( and pay!) Dress found - mission accomplished before even hitting Harvey Nics!

It is one shouldered ( perfect) , very low backed ( perfect), and slit to the thigh ( ok, not so perfect but workable!) Best of all it was HUGELY reduced! Here it is.... and here





 It looks gorgeous on these models ......





So the trip to Harvey Nichols entailed a couple of glasses of Champagne with DH instead ...


                                                      Wearing these gorgeous shoes!!!


BUT, and isn't there always a BUT? Whilst waiting for my new lenses to be fixed into my specs I popped into Aftershock next door ( somewhere I had never visited before)... The Ladies in the Whiteleys Branch in W2 were fabulous and couldn't have been more helpful AND they had a sale on! I found a fab dress - only available in size Large or extra small ...The large was too large and the XS was fine but would have looked better done up!!!! The ladies found a Medium in the stock room with a broken zip - HUGE discount and now I have taken it to my local tailor had it taken in slightly and the zipper replaced .

And here I am wearing it at the END of the evening!



PS. DH didn't make it back from London for ANY of the evenings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment