Monday 13 May 2013

Sunshine on the East Coast...

A trip home is usually NOT about the weather but so far this trip it has been gloriously sunny and Spring-like which has been just perfect as there aren't really any seasons in Riyadh apart from hot, cooler and raining!!

I drove (something I hadn't done for a few months due to being femail and living in Saudi Arabia!) up to Boy's school on the North Norfolk coast to surprise him (he thought Grannie was collecting him for the long weekend!) When school is about 5 minutes away you drive through countryside and then come out on top of a ridge and look across to see the sea.... living in the middle of the desert there is no sea, no nothing just more sand and sky so this to me looked beautiful .....



Blues skies and blue sea......

Lunch in Holt with the crazy boy and friends - sitting outside in short sleeves ( admittedly NOT me!) but I did have sandals on!! It always astonishes me how many sweets they can get down their throats in the first 10 minutes of leaving school!




For all those of you who thought the Norfolk landscape was dull, think again - This is THE most beautiful place and no one else in sight - warm, windy day sailing at high tide in our lovely Mabel






She is ALMOST as tall as me - think I will start wearing high heeled flip flops this summer!!

We had the best weekend with our babies, and I really miss these mornings! Not long til half term.....



No comments:

Post a Comment