Wednesday 20 March 2013

A new find in Riyadh...

Whilst I was in London over half term I was offered the chance to try some eyelash extensions - I'm very lazy with make up - Some Chanel Teint de Lumiere foundation and lots of Mac's Ruby Woo Matt red Lippy


 and I'm good to go.  I have short stumpy black eyelashes and I NEVER wear mascara. My sister in law convinced me once to have my eyelashes dyed ( she was having hers done and they always looked good...) apart from thinking I was going blind driving home afterwards I couldn't really notice the difference ( and as it turns out she has lovely long thick lashes anyway!!)

When the children started at boarding school recently and I was constantly crying I did have the lovely lady in MAC on Kensington High Street fix some fake eyelashes in the hope I would stop crying to attend a business meeting - it did work for a day!! They were a little too long and theatrical for everyday but such fun...





So when a friend suggested eyelash extensions I wasn't that keen.... it was cold and miserable in UK in February and my skin felt grey so I gave it a try. Here are the initial results.... (please ignore the lack of foundation and terrible old looking sun-damaged skin!)


I LOVED them  (but the ones in the corner of my eyes were a bit annoying in the morning when I woke up - small price to pay!) so now I'm back in Riyadh and some have fallen out so I had funny empty spaces, so yesterday I found a salon that does refils ( actually I think they are called infills!) at a reasonable price ( I did call one place Luthan Spa and Salon and they charge SAR 1500 which is about £250!!! They were less than £80 in UK!)

Maison de Joelle is on Olaya Street in Riyadh opposite the Jarir Bookstore - or that is what it said on the website and when I called to book an appointment. Actually it is down an alley opposite ZARA on Olaya Street near to New Look . My friend and I found it totally by chance. (There is an alleyway next to New Look walk through here, go down the steps turn right in the car parking area and go up the next set of steps and turn left - Maison De Joelle is here)




it really is a great salon - lots of reception staff, clean bright waiting area. They have a hair salon off to the left with lots of basins and chairs and mirrors , a nail salon with Essie polishes and they also do gelish and gel nails.  The beauty salon is off to the right and all the private rooms are individually decorated ( and very tastefully done!) So this is the result ( note no gaps now and I had shorter lashes put in the corner near my nose and they are so much better!)


If you haven't tried eyelash extensions before and have stumpy lashes like me it is so worth a go!!

I paid SAR300 for the infils and they charge SAR150 for removal ( i think it was SAR600 for 1st set) They come in all lengths - I have 8mm in the corner and 10 mm elsewhere - my girlfirend has 12mm an mybe next time I would have longer.....its after looking at all those beautiful camels!! Eyelash envy!

No comments:

Post a Comment