Saturday 2 March 2013

OMG...

Had to take a quick trip into town on Wednesday afternoon as I needed to go to the mobile phone shop and change my sim card for a nano sim for my new iphone5.  DH was still away in London so I arranged for my driver to take me to one of the big modern shopping malls - we went to The Granada Centre, he dropped me off at the entrance and I made my way upstairs to the MOBILY shop ( Mobily are one of the 2  mobile service carriers in KSA).

Just for the record I was wearing a full length, all black, long sleeved abaya AND a black headscarf covering ALL of my hair - so a pretty demure look and hugely respectful to the people of Saudi Arabia (as always).

The shop was busy so I look around for an assistant to help me - a young man in his mid 20's went over to one of the assistants and was pointing at me - Great, I thought, he's telling the chap to come over and assist me... WRONG.  I was asked to leave the store, yup ASKED TO LEAVE!

So, a little shocked and surprised I asked him "Why do I need to leave?"
"Madam, you need to be with your husband or sponsor in this store otherwise we cannot serve you"

What can I say?

I will not be changing my current STC (Saudi Telecom) sim over to Mobily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment